Zafesoft Features and Capabilities
Zafesoft protects content in a variety of file types (such as .doc, .pdf, .xls, .txt, database reports, etc.)
Zafed content is:
- Accessed in its native editor (no proprietary reader or conversion needed).
- Persistently secure, no matter where it goes or portions of it go.
- Never stored on a Zafesoft cloud or hosting server.
- Secure and available to users inside and outside the organization and network.
- Secure and available online or offline (live internet access not required).
- Secure on a USB/Flash drive, external drive, CD ROM etc..
- Secure when attached to emails, and distributed anywhere.
- Secure when stored in the cloud (like Google docs, Web collaboration, public Wiki’s etc.)
- Protects content when employees or contractors leave the organization, partnerships dissolve etc. Even if a copy of the content is made, it is no longer accessible.
- Easy to mark as view-only.
Zafe flexibly controls actions around content:
- ‘Print’ is controlled (on or off).
- Print to PDF files is secured.
- ‘Copy’ , ‘Paste’, ‘Save’ can be controlled (on or off).
- Screen captures and more can be made unavailable.
Zafed content can be edited with the native editor (like MS Word, Adobe Acrobat, MS Excel etc.) by authorized users. The original content and derivatives are automatically secured, even it copied to other files or formats.
Zafed content can be accessed on Windows, MAC and Linux users and applications.
Zafesoft provides a comprehensive audit trail that includes:
- Rich access logs for any and all access to content and derivatives.
- Early Warning for any unauthorized or suspicious access attempts.
- Automated logs for compliance reporting (HIPAA, PCI).
Zafe is easy to use and transparent to end users
- No passwords. Users click through an initial one-time authentication process – after that, it’s transparent.
- All content is automatically protected with no user action.
Linux (Red Hat)
Mac OS X (initial release PDF files only, read and write)
Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit)
Windows 8 (coming soon)
LDAP/Active directory integration